Barista & Customer Service Program
FareStart’s Barista & Customer Service Program
Our Barista & Customer Service program is designed to train people 16 – 24 who are looking to gain skills by working with expert baristas to support them in finding a good job or internship. We offer students wraparound support services to assist them on their pathway towards personal stability and economic mobility.
Education Advancement Pathway
The Education Advancement Pathway is designed for young people who are learning job skills while they are going to high school. To participate in this 6-week program, you must be attending Seattle Public School’s Interagency Academy or Nova High School.
This program is currently fully virtual.
Learn about Seattle Public Schools Interagency Academy
Learn about Seattle Public Schools Nova High School
Job Readiness Pathway
The Job Readiness Pathway, in partnership with the Y Social Impact Center and Gifts of Hope, is built around supporting the needs of young people to meet them where they are while providing resources on their pathway towards a job and stability.
Learn about the Y Social Impact Center
Here’s how we will support you every step of the way:
- Earn money
- High school credit (Education Advancement Pathway)
- ORCA card (Job Readiness Pathway)
- Food worker card
- Chromebook to participate and keep after graduation
- Customer service training
- Training with expert baristas and references to aid in helping graduates find their next job or internship
- Provide support and referrals to social service organizations
- Program is free of charge
- Age 16 to 24
- Low income, experiencing homelessness or unstably housed
- Ability to train 8 hrs/week for 6 weeks (Education Pathway)
- Ability to train 10 hrs/week for 7 weeks (Job Readiness Pathway)
Questions? Contact us.
Here’s what you have to do:
Contact FareStart to find out if this program is right for you.
Interested? Contact us.
If you are still unsure if the Barista & Customer Service Program is right for you, call one of our program staff and talk about it. We are available during normal business hours (9:00 to 5:00) and would be happy help you. Call us at 206.854.4221 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
FareStart is Ready for You
FareStart: A Chain Reaction
Conversations with Loved Ones