Vice President of Human Resources
Position Title: Vice President of Human Resources and Diversity
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to CEO
Prepared By: Human Resources
Prepared: November 2019
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Leadership and management of the HR team
- Lead the strategic plan for diversity and inclusion across FareStart.
- Coach and develop leaders to model and drive equity and belonging.
- Develop and implement FareStart’s HR strategy, including Employee relations, staffing, benefits, compensation and training.
- Continuously enhance Diversity practices by providing insights that increase awareness of market/industry trends and share new best practices to support an inclusive environment across FareStart
- Promote inclusion within business and all processes and policies.
- Ensure operational excellence of systems, processes and structure in the HR and Diversity work
- Coach and development of staff
- Manage budget effectively
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- The ability to attract, retain and grow key talent.
- Strong ability to lead through periods of ambiguity
- Strong experience and training in cultural diversity
- Experience leading a Diversity strategy for an organization
- Experience leading Human Resources teams
- Exceptional business acumen
- A passion for FareStart’s mission
- Demonstrated ability to affect change
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10 or more years of experience in a related role or roles
- 5 or more years managing and developing teams
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl.