With the holidays in full swing, we wanted to give you something in appreciation of all your support of FareStart students this year – a special recipe from our VP of Culinary Operations, Chef Wayne Johnson.
This Osso Bucco will be sure to get the conversation started around the dinner table and is a great way to introduce family and friends to FareStart!
Start to finish: 3 hours 15 minutes (45 minutes prep)
Lamb shanks 10 each
2 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Seasoned flour (2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons salt, 2 teaspoons pepper) To Dredge
Olive oil to sear
1 cup onion, small dice
2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
½ cup carrots, brunoised
½ cup celery, brunoised
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
1 teaspoon oregano, chopped
½ cup tomato paste
1 cup Alta Cucina tomatoes
1 cup white wine
2 quarts chicken stock
1/3 cup demi-glace gold
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Season lamb shanks with salt and pepper.
2. Coat with seasoned flour.
3. Add olive oil to cover bottom of pan and lightly brown, remove from pan.
4. Add onion, garlic, vegetables, and chopped herbs, and tomato paste, cook slightly. Add tomatoes and white wine.
5. Cook and reduce about 5 minutes, add shanks to liquid. Add stock and demi-grace gold. Braise until meat is tender, approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes.
6. Serve hot with rice or polenta.
Lastly, garnish with a pinch of hope! Help FareStart students learn from professionals like Chef Wayne Johnson by making a holiday gift