Chief Mission Enterprise Officer
Chief Mission and Enterprise Officer - We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and a chance to make a difference.
The Company: FareStart’s restaurants, cafes, and catering services provide opportunities for our students, apprentices, and employees to work side by side creating great food and better lives.
The Job: FareStart is adding a Chief Mission and Enterprise Officer (CMEO) to its Senior Leadership Team to support and drive long term, unified vision for FareStart’s Programs and Social Enterprises.
FareStart’s culture has always been simultaneously propelled by strong mission-driven values and the ingenuity of our social enterprise, both of which are equally important in successfully serving and supporting program participants and staff. The CMEO will play a critical role by intentionally driving a cohesive strategy that focuses on continued efficiency and refinement of FareStart’s Programs and Social Enterprises.
The CMEO will set the stage for high performance, encourage personal initiative, accountability, and responsibility at all levels across the organization, with direct responsibility for Adult Programs, Youth Programs, and Social Enterprise. S/he will ensure that all goals between these departments are aligned, and meeting the needs of the populations we serve, as well as internal stakeholders. S/he will ensure that FareStart is serving our mission, while maintaining the financial health of our Social Enterprise operations.
S/he will focus on departmental excellence, and execution of FareStart’s strategic plan. S/he will lead staff through the lens of a servant leader who considers people and their professional development as the top priority. S/he will manage and coach three or more direct reports.
FareStart’s CMEO will be driven by enthusiasm and passion for FareStart’s mission and excited by the opportunity to help bring together what have historically been managed as two separate but key departments. S/he will be an innovator, strategic thinker, and thought partner to the CEO with an eye for driving strategy and making systemic improvements. This role requires an authentic leader with strong interpersonal skills who can deploy fresh, supportive energy where needed. Strong emotional and cultural intelligence is crucial to communicate effectively and respectfully with staff, key stakeholders, board of directors, and the population FareStart serves, all of whom bring diverse racial, educational, and socio-economic backgrounds to the organization. The role requires a deep understanding of how the varied needs of these groups differ and intersect to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes the needs of each audience without bias. The role also requires a strong operational background and acumen that can be applied within the context of the food services industry.
- Leadership and management of the Social Enterprise and Programs departments
- Support strategic planning, in partnership with the CEO
- Key Contributor to the FareStart Senior Leadership Team
- Coach and develop of staff
- Support the CEO in setting and driving organizational priorities
- Enhance internal processes to help FareStart grow and fulfill its mission
- Build strategic partnerships throughout the region in partnership with the CEO, SLT and others
- Manage and cultivate existing relationships to secure and expand existing revenue streams
- Ensure financial viability of Programs and Social Enterprise through sound fiscal management
- Ensure operational excellence of systems, processes and structure in Social Enterprises.
- Ensure restaurant and catering operations support the goals of the FareStart training programs, as well as meet high standards for business performance.
- Develop and refine strategy using market information, business trends, and financial data to objectively assess and improve area performance in our Social Enterprises, both operationally and financially.
- Prepare, submit, and manage budget effectively.
- The ability to attract, retain and grow key talent.
- An appreciation for professional development and a willing interest to mentor staff
- Strong ability to lead through periods of ambiguity
- Exceptional business acumen
- Experience leading workforce development and job training initiatives.
- Experience serving diverse marginalized populations
- Experience with social services
- Experience driving organizational change to help FareStart adapt to changing technology, and market demands
- Strong operational knowledge of the hospitality industry
- A passion for FareStart’s mission
- 10+ years of experience in a related role
FareStart is an Equal Opportunity Employer.