Chef Wayne's Spicy Basil Marinade
Yield: 24 (serving size: 1 teaspoon)
Fresh basil can add such a hit of flavor to so many things: soups, grilled chicken, panini, or a fresh tomato and mozzarella salad. If you've found fragrant, fresh basil, or have grown your own, use it in this oil.
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, tightly packed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dried tomato granulates
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crush red pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Place first 4 ingredients in a food processor; pulse 5 times or until pureed. Add cheese; process until blended. The marinade freezes well in oiled ice-cube trays.