How your Contributions Help
Since 1992, FareStart has provided over 6 million nutritious meals to those in need and helped homeless and disadvantaged men, women, and their families create new opportunities for the future.
We are able to continue to grow and provide more job training and placement opportunities to more of our neighbors in need because of the tremendous community support we receive from people like you. While approximately half of our operating revenue comes from our businesses, we still rely on individual donations, private foundation grants, and corporate gifts to fund the training and support services for our students.
2013 Program Outcomes:
- 824 adults were provided with intake services and/or referrals for basic needs.
- 229 adults enrolled in FareStart's training program and were provided with case management, housing, life skills, and job training.
- 110 adults graduated from the FareStart program.
- 90% of adult program graduates achieved employment within 90 days of graduation.
- 88% of adult graduates were still in their jobs six months later.
- 60 youth graduated from FareStart's Barista Training & Education Program (in partnership with YouthCare).
- 92% of youth
gained employment or achieved an educational goal such as completing high school or their GED or enrolling in community college.
Why support FareStart?
Read why some of our supporters chose to contribute to FareStart, whether with their time, their talent, or their treasure.
“FareStart succeeds in engaging the entire community in an innovative solution to homelessness. Working together we connect to make a difference.”
“[Claudia and I] support FareStart in such a major way because of the great leadership and strong board members. We think the FareStart mission is terrific and have so much confidence in the FareStart team and that the contribution dollars are being spent wisely.”
—Mary Pigott, FareStart Volunteer and Donor
—Bob and Claudia Nelson, General Fund and Capital Campaign Donors